I am Liisi. Originally from Tartu, Estonia, lived in Bergen, Norway and in Ibiza, Spain. By profession I am performance coach for athletes. I have worked as a communication manager and personal branding coach for 10 years and found, that one thing in common is the need to fulfill ones potential but that takes higher level psychological preparation. Please contact me for coaching preparation meeting (Skype, Zoom or other video call) for free.
When I am not working I train in sprint kayaking and promote active lifestyle, read, travel as well as dedicate my time in saving cats.
My work-philosophy as a performance coach is based on the power of:
- Meaningfulness. Meaning enhances motivation. It enhances focus.
- Enjoyment. Without enjoying what you do, what’s the point? really? What would your days be worth without enjoying what you do?
- Process. It’s not only about the fight, the competition, the final judgment day. You are not a finished product, you will never be. The sooner you recognize that, the more you allow yourself to learn and challenge yourself.
- Longevity. We are here for the long run, even if we change what we do. Today will create tomorrow. Most of the time we don’t know what the future will hold for us, but we can make sure we do all we can to be ready for all the successes, failures, changes and the unknown.
- Trust. We need a trusting environment and relationship to be able to fully perform. When you are surrounded by people who have their own agendas or who don’t know how to support you, it is tough to focus on things you need to perform. As a performance coach it is my job to allow you to be in an environment where you know you are safe to be open and also to take risks.
- Push-boundaries. Achieving goals is always a question of going beyond your comfort zone. Nobody really likes to do that. The higher the risk (of failure, to your identity), the more difficult it is to take action. I am here to help you when you want to get to somewhere you have not gone before.
It all sums up to concept of GAMEPLAN training and coaching where we focus on psychological performance skills needed to excel and grow and strategies that you personally can use to mindfully develop your skills and resilience in sports and in life.
Gameplan Coaching philosophy and coaching outcome
Each coach has her own style and focus. Just like all athletes have theirs. For our cooperation to work we need to have our way of working aligned. My performance coaching is based on three parts: Judgement free communication, awareness building for the coachee and mutual trust that both parties put in maximum effort to achieve more control over current challenge and then start an effective performance gameplan, interlinking mental strength training to physical training.
Contact me for:
- Coaching session or psychological skills training program from confidence building, performance enhancement.
- Inspirational and truly practical training courses on leadership, goal setting, peak performance, future of work, work-life balance, future of work and personal branding.
- Interviews or articles and videos or interesting cooperations.
Liisi Toom – performance coach mini-CV
1. Bachelor’s degree in Psychology in Tartu University, additional moduls in sports psychology (finished 2019). Already practicing performance coaching with olympic athletes, trainers and doing training courses in resilience, mental skills and performance.
- Executive Coaching diploma training. Certified, 2021;
- Mindful Sport Performance Enhancement instructor training, 2020.
- Cooperation with Kallas Management with consulting Olympic athletes on mental training.
2. 2008-2019 (and onwards) personal brand strategist for CEO-s, entrepreneurs, artists, experts, teams in my own company. The oldest and most popular blog creator and blogger in career, leadership and personal branding and marketing in Estonia, persoonibrand.ee
3. Master’s degree in Communication in Tartu University (2012) + working experience in Estonian National Museum, startup Zeroturnaround (exited by now). Highly skilled in strategy, creating identities and PR.